The Bus Detailer is tasked with following the vehicle cleanliness program while honoring Lux Bus America’s approach to business that starts with our commitment to safety, operational excellence,
and customer service. This includes meticulously cleaning all vehicle exteriors, interiors, and restocking supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Although additional duties and related tasks may be assigned, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
▪ Clean the interior and exterior of all vehicles including motor coaches, mini-buses, sprinters, and minivans
▪ Safely move vehicles within facilities in and out of wash bay(s)
▪ Select proper cleaning chemicals for the task, prepare solutions to the desired concentrate, dispose of waste properly, monitor stock, and re-order supplies before running out
▪ Clean exterior of vehicle by manual washing, scrubbing, rinsing, squeegeeing, waxing, polishing, and drying
▪ The clean interior of the vehicle by manual washing, scrubbing, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, rinsing, drying, dusting, shampooing, and polishing
▪ Dump, wash and refill motor coach sewage waste collection tank
▪ Record start and end times for all washing, cleaning and dumping activities using VMS
▪ Resupply motor coaches with toilet paper, pot shot, paper towels, and hand sanitizer as needed
▪ Remove all debris from interiors such as trash, gum, candy, and any other foreign materials
▪ Identify and report damage, broken items, upholstery defects, and any other irregularities
▪ Collect lost and found articles and immediately bring them to the vehicle’s associated Operations Supervisor
▪ Utilize cleaning machines when appropriate, such as a pressure cleaner, steam cleaner, vacuum, or Bitimec Automatic Washer, etc.
▪ Continuously monitor the proper functioning of cleaning machines and stop machines, complete basic maintenance tasks, and report advanced needs to the manager
▪ Periodically add salt to water softener
▪ Keep the equipment, wash bay, supply storage, and work areas clean at all times
▪ Clean the vehicle shop bays and company grounds as needed
▪ Comply with all applicable government regulations, policies, and standards, as well as all company administrative policies, procedures, and safety rules
▪ Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing additional tasks and assignments as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
▪ High School Diploma or equivalent
▪ Minimum 1-year experience cleaning, general maintenance, or general labor
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
▪ Valid Class C driver’s license required
Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to write in English routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Demonstrates strong general math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Performs these operations with units of American
currency, Regular and Military time, and imperial measurements of weight, volume, and distance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
▪ Must be both an independent thinker and a team player
▪ Excellent communication (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and interpersonal skills
▪ Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
▪ Strong analytical, conceptualization, interpretation, and critical thinking skills
▪ Must be detail-oriented
▪ Self-motivated with a sense of urgency, and readily acclimates to an ever-changing environment
▪ Uses sound reason and judgment; calmly deals with problems involving co-workers, clients, and customers
▪ Treats others respectfully and tactfully
▪ Contributes to building a positive, collaborative team environment
▪ Prioritizes workload, self-manages projects handles multiple tasks, manages competing demands, and meets strict deadlines
▪ Seeks to expand the role and help the team by volunteering readily, seeking increased responsibilities, and asking for help when needed
▪ Works with integrity and ethics that inspire trust and confidence in all activities
▪ Upholds organizational values
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of the following software applications, and proficiency as indicated below.
▪ iPhone or Android cellular phone and tablet PCs
▪ Coach Manager
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
▪ Team member must be at least 18 years of age
▪ Employment is contingent upon passing a physical exam
▪ Pass a background check
▪ This position is designated as requiring a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. The Company will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of the background check
▪ A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required
The duties of this position are so fraught with a hazard that any attempt to perform them while in a state of alcohol or drug impairment would pose a threat to coworkers, to the workplace, or the public at large. Accordingly, this position is
deemed a safety-sensitive position. As a result, we require team members operating in this position to submit to random drug-testing throughout employment. Moreover, the Company will take appropriate action for refusing to take or failing such test
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.