The Parts and Inventory Coordinator is tasked with completing shop administrative duties while honoring Lux Bus America’s approach to business that starts with our commitment to safety, operational excellence, and customer service. This includes all aspects of inventory control, parts ordering, record auditing, data entry, and vehicle and mechanic technician file keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Although additional duties and related tasks may be assigned, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
▪ Administration of Repair Orders (ROs) and vendor repairs into Vehicle Management System (VMS) Service Management Console
▪ Collection of all submitted documents from shop inbox
▪ Verification, an audit of, and return for the completion of the following documents:
o Bus Maintenance & Safety Inspections
o VMS Repair Orders
o SPAB Vehicle Inspection Checklists
▪ Report repeated noncompliance issues to Shop Manager
▪ Provide written daily recap to Shop Manager
▪ Review daily recap email correspondence from Lead Mechanics related to parts needs
▪ Parts inventory:
o Perform routine checks and special verification requests
o Dispense requested and approved inventory
o Prepare parts-pulls in advance for communicated upcoming service work
o Add and update parts in VMS
▪ Generate and print barcodes and organize incoming inventory in parts cage
▪ Scan parts in and out of VMS using scanner and tablet PC
▪ Research parts catalogs to identify parts for order
▪ Request quotes from external vendors and present to Shop Manager
▪ Monitor inventory reorder thresholds and adjust as needed
▪ Coordinate ordering of inventoried parts with other locations’ Parts and Inventory Coordinators
▪ Receive, inventory, and stock incoming parts
▪ Organize and clean parts cage and workspaces, as well as identify the suitable placement of non-inventoried parts and workplace items
▪ Utilize company vehicles to retrieve parts from local vendors as required
▪ Enter Purchase Orders (POs) in VMS for parts, supplies, and vendor purchases
▪ Collect and review invoices for accuracy
o Scan and email to Accounts Payable Administrator and archive for future review as necessary
▪ Prepare, complete, and submit related administrative and regulatory-required documents, warranty repairs, receipts, invoices, etc.
▪ Maintain all vehicle registration, inspection, certification, and repair documents in CHP vehicle binder files and complete annual archive filing
▪ Identify newly acquired chemicals, update chemical inventory list, collect or print Safety Data Sheets (SDS), file in SDS binder, and complete quarterly inventory inspections
▪ Maintain staff training files such as:
o Occupational certifications, in-house training related to safe practices, tools, equipment, chemicals, hazards, etc.
▪ Complete continuing education and training as requested/required by the Company
▪ Comply with all applicable government regulations, policies, and standards as well as all Company administrative policies, procedures, and safety rules in all business activities
▪ Document activities on a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and/or records
▪ Contribute alongside other supervisors, managers, and staff to formulate goals and objectives
▪ Perform duties and functions to help streamline the daily business operations of the Company
▪ Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing additional tasks and assignments as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
▪ High school diploma or equivalent
▪ Minimum 1-year experience in inventory control, auto/diesel/bus industry, warehouse administration, or similar field Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
▪ Valid Class C driver’s License required
Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to write in English routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Demonstrates strong general math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Performs these operations with units of American
currency, Regular and Military time, and Imperial measurements of weight, volume, and distance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
▪ Must be both an independent thinker and a team player
▪ Excellent communication (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and interpersonal skills
▪ Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
▪ Strong analytical, conceptualization, interpretation, and critical thinking skills
▪ Must be detail-oriented
▪ Self-motivated with a sense of urgency, and readily acclimates to an ever-changing environment
▪ Uses sound reason and judgment; calmly deals with problems involving co-workers, clients, and customers
▪ Treats others respectfully and tactfully
▪ Contributes to building a positive, collaborative team environment
▪ Prioritizes workload, self-manages projects handles multiple tasks, manages competing demands, and meets strict deadlines
▪ Seeks to expand the role and help the team by volunteering readily, seeking increased responsibilities, and asking for help when needed
▪ Works with integrity and ethics that inspire trust and confidence in all activities
▪ Upholds organizational values
▪ Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
▪ Adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
▪ Promote a harassment-free work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of the following software applications, and proficiency as indicated below.
▪ Microsoft Windows 7 or newer, or Apple OS 10.XX or newer
▪ Microsoft Office 2007 or newer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
▪ iPhone or Android cellular phone and tablet PCs
▪ GPS (Samsara, Saucon, etc.)
▪ Basic Spreadsheet formatting (add rows/columns, borders, fill color, etc.)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
▪ Clean DMV H6 Record
o No DUIs within the last seven years
o No more than one DMV point or moving violation within the last 3 years
o No more than one preventable accident in the previous 12 months and no more than two preventable accidents in the previous 36 months
o No more than one major preventable accident within the previous 36 months
▪ Pass a background check
o This position is designated as requiring a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal,
state, and local laws and ordinances. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check
o The duties of this position are so fraught with the hazard that any attempt to perform them while in a state of alcohol or drug impairment would pose a threat to co-workers, to the workplace, or the public at large. Accordingly, this position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As a result, we require team members operating in this position to submit to random drug-testing throughout employment. Moreover, the Company will take appropriate action for refusing to
take or failing such test
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.