WHO WE ARE:
Lux Bus America is an innovator of safe, reliable, luxury transportation that offers state of the art equipment, competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and opportunities for growth. Our business is growing and we want the most qualified candidates to grow with us!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
An Operations Supervisor is tasked with providing dispatch and driver management within their assigned commuter account while honoring Lux Bus America’s approach to business that starts with our commitment to safety, operational excellence, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Although additional duties and related tasks may be assigned, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Collaborate with the account manager to plan weekly and daily driver route and vehicle assignments and schedules
- Plan, assign, and direct commuter office staff and driver spare schedules, tasks, and workloads
- Review applications, schedule and conduct interviews, coordinate safety review, and present offer letters
- Initiate driver training with safety and training department, coordinate schedules, monitor progress, and timely completion dates to match business needs
- Monitor route on-time-performance, ridership, etc. and present any issues to the account manager
- Facilitate the creation of new trip sheets, turn by turn guides, signs, and other necessary supporting documentation as required
- Manage driver paperwork noncompliance, and schedule remedial training with the safety and training department
- Review safety department HOS Tracker and request corrections from drivers
- Conduct periodic fleet audits, check for damage, schedule repairs with maintenance or vendors
- Interface with local transit agencies and authorities for data exchange, violation review, etc.
- Review timesheets and time-off requests for approval in ADP / account tracker
- Participate in weekly department leadership meeting, weekly client meeting, and client
- Collaborate with the account manager to develop, implement, and manage the account as required
- Collaborate and communicate with client’s internal departments and other vendors to ensure driver gaps, late pickups, late departures, and other incidents are relayed to all parties
- Interact with clients in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner and provide onsite coordination support as required
- Receive collected lost-and-found items and coordinate return to the client
- Acknowledge client accolades and compliments, and reward drivers for exemplary service
- Respond to incidents, accidents, and injuries with remote and onsite support as needed
- Complete post-incident/accident/injury reporting and reviews with drivers
- Research offenses and infractions, counsel corrective action, complete verbal and written disciplinary action reports, monitor improvement, and advise terminations to account manager and human resources
- Comply with all applicable government regulations, policies, and standards as well as all company administrative policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Contribute alongside other supervisors, managers, and staff to formulate goals and objectives
- Perform duties and functions to help streamline the daily business operations of the company
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing additional tasks and assignments as needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in transportation operations
- Minimum 1 year experience managing staff of ten or more
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Class C driver’s license required
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to write in English routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Demonstrates strong general math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Performs these operations with units of American currency, Regular and Military time, and Imperial measurements of weight, volume, and distance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be both an independent thinker and a team player
- Excellent communication (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and interpersonal skills
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Strong analytical, conceptualization, interpretation, and critical thinking skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency, and readily acclimates to an ever-changing environment
- Uses sound reason and judgement, especially when dealing with emotional topics
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Builds meaningful relationships with co-workers, clients, and customers of all age, race, background, orientation, personality, status, position, etc.
- Calmly deals with problems involving co-workers, clients, and customers
- Treats others with respect and tact by seeking first to understand before being understood
- Contributes to building a positive, collaborative team environment by methods such as seeking Win/Win or No Deal outcomes
- Prioritizes workload, self-manages projects, handles multiple tasks, manages competing demands, and meets strict deadlines
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments
- Seeks to expand role and help team by volunteering readily, seeking increased responsibilities, and asking for help when needed
- Works with integrity and ethics that inspires trust and confidence in all activities
- Upholds organizational values
- Works a flexible schedule with irregular hours (overnight, weekends, overtime, etc.) as needed
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Adapts to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Promotes a harassment-free work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual would ideally have a working knowledge of the following software applications, associated devices, and proficiency as indicated below.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- iPhone or Android cellular phone and tablet PCs
- 2-way radio (Sonim, etc.)
- GPS (Samsara, Saucon, Nomad, etc.)
- Route Management (DoubleMap, Nomad, etc.)
- Ridership tracking (TripShot, TapRide, etc.)
- Basic Spreadsheet formatting (add rows/columns, borders, fill color, etc.)
- Basic Spreadsheet formulas (SUM, IF, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Clean DMV Record (less than 30 days old)
- No DUIs within the last seven years
- No more than one DMV point or moving violation within the last 3 years
- No more than one preventable accident in the previous 12 months and no more than two preventable accidents in the previous 36 months
- No more than one major preventable accident within the previous 36 months
Pass a background check
- This position is designated as requiring a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office may be a busy facility and this position may have to manage a number of projects at one time; maybe interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of co-workers, clients, and customers. This position may find the environment to be busy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.